Cast an Informed Vote in the General Election
This Peachtree NORML Voter Guide was compiled, published and funded by the
Georgia affiliate of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML).
Our goal is to help voters cast an educated vote when they go to the polls. We encourage informed and active participation in our government. In Georgia, we have no ballot initiatives and are therefore solely reliant on our Elected Officials.
Below are the 6 questions we posed to the Candidates (and, how they are each referenced in the responses):
1. Would you support legislation that would allow Cannabis (Marijuana) to be re-legalized, taxed and regulated in a manner similar to alcohol and tobacco, for use by adults twenty- one (21) years of age and older? (Legalization)
2. Would you support legislation that would allow doctors to prescribe/recommend Cannabis (Marijuana) to patients who could benefit from its medical uses? (Medicine)
3. Would you support patients and/or providers using an affirmative defense for Medical Cannabis (Marijuana) use? (Defense)
4. Would you support legislation that would reschedule Cannabis (Marijuana) so that U.S. scientists could conduct research in human clinical trials and further understand cannabinoids and their benefits? (Research)
5. Would you support legislation that would re-legalize and regulate Industrial Hemp for agricultural use (textiles, fuel, etc.)? (Hemp)
6. Would you support legislation that would change simple Marijuana (Cannabis) possession of one ounce or less to a Misdemeanor, saving law enforcement resources and Millions in tax payer dollars? (Decriminalization)