How much can you give?
We’ve created a few donation levels to keep things simple. Select the impact you want to have.
How do we use funds?
100% of every dollar goes to support our efforts in Georgia. This means lobbying at the State Capitol, in cities around the state, community outreach, and overhead. In short:
We need your support to do this work.
Donations may be made in the form of a one-time gift or may be specified as an annual recurring commitment.
Take a Look at How We’re Doing in 2017:
- Helped formulate the terms of SB 105 introduced by Senator Harold Jones to decriminalize cannabis on the state level. The bill ultimately passed out of the Senate Judiciary Committee but was not voted on and remains active for the 2018 session. Legislation like this has never made such great progress in the Georgia state house.
- Hosted the 2017 Cannabis Awareness Day at the Georgia State Capitol. Trained over 30 citizen activists in how to communicate with their state legislators and then spent several hours lobbying them on active legislation.
- We supported the expansion of the list of conditions that are eligible for treatment by low-THC oil and saw Rep. Peake’s expansion bill pass successfully.
- Supported the efforts of Atlanta activists and the Atlanta City Council to pass a harm reduction ordinance.
- Supported the efforts of a member of the City Council in Temple, GA to pass a harm reduction ordinance.
- The Athens CARE affiliate hosted a rally and event on April 20th to educate the public.
- Supported the reintroduction of a bill legalizing the limited production of industrial hemp and expect it to be advanced for a vote in 2018.
Take a Look at What We Did iN 2016:
- Advocacy work with lawmakers during 2016 Legislative Session
- Testified in front of the Clarkston City Council on its reform ordinance
- Launched the City by City Initiative to advance reform at the city level. Working with dozens of activists to lead the effort in their community
- Launched our 40 Days Campaign so we can lobby at the State Capitol all 40 days of the 2017 legislative session and raised more than 65% of our goal before the New Year
- Met with state legislators in Summer and Fall
- Received coverage online, in print news, on radio, and TV
- Published information to help educate the public
- Public outreach at Human Rights Festival and AthFest
- Helped our affiliate Athens CARE Project at UGA
- Public speaking at college campuses, civic groups, and business forums
Check How We Did on our Plans for 2017:
- Advocacy with state lawmakers in 2017 Legislative Session. Funded by the 40 Days Campaign. – Raised almost $3000 and were present about 25 days of the legislative session.
- Support ongoing efforts to expand medical marijuana access in Georgia. – Partial success.
- Help support statewide harm reduction legislation for cannabis possession. – Ongoing.
- Help lead the efforts of our City Activists to advance local harm reduction ordinances in their communities as part of our City by City initiative. – Ongoing.
- Support the passage of legislation to legalize and open up hemp production in Georgia. – Ongoing.
- Work with other advocacy groups to help educate new state legislators, as well as local governments, about the critical importance and viability of this issue. – Ongoing
- Continue publishing educational information to inform the public about the legal, political, medical, and production issues surrounding cannabis. – Ongoing success
- Host events to encourage advocacy networking and collaboration. – Ongoing success
Georgia CARE is happy to accept your donation of in-kind items or services. Some of the things we can use include (but certainly are not limited to):
- Legal & Accounting services
- Printing services
- Marketing services
- Office equipment
- computers (not too old, please)
- printers and printer ink gift cards
- iPhone or Android phones you no longer wish to use (we will use it or sell it)
- Gas or gift cards to cover travel expenses
100% of your generous gift will directly support our efforts in Georgia.
Contact us to let us know what you’d like to offer!
Donate by Mail
Georgia CARE Project
351 Penland St. Apt 406
Ellijay, GA 30540
If you are interested in providing an in-kind donation please click here to contact us.